Thursday 5 February 2015

Evaluation [5]

How did your production skills developed throughout this project? 

2014 PROUD


2015 PROUD




I think most of my skills have improved;

Codes and conventions, I feel like I am not that familiar with psychological thriller because I am too scared to watch it. However after I received this project, I started watching more psychological thriller, my first and favourite one is 'Se7en'. By analyzing films such as Mr & Mrs Smith (thriller and Seven in great depth helps me understand how thriller and psychological thriller convey their genre through micro-elements in the movie.
  For several days I could not get it out of my mind and I continuously think about it. Moreover I have done researches on the codes and conventions of psychological thriller and created a booklet for each aspect of it, this makes me understand the psychological thriller and know how to apply it and challenge it in my coursework. 

Planning and Organisation, for the one minute film challenge I did in the first term, we only did storyboarding as a plan and we went to film, it took longer than we think it would as the pre production is not considered and think of carefully before actually filming it. For the film opening we discussed plan, storyboard it carefully, wrote a script found location contact the location and made everything smoothly. However when we shot out first idea, "Home" we were not prepared enough, the SD card was broken and the camera ran out of battery in the middle of shooting therefore it was problematic. Fortunately for "SNIP" everything was planned and we filmed accordingly therefore it was smoother and we finished the shoot within 3 hours. 

Camera Work, my camera work have not improved since for this film opening I am not the camera man, since our camera man is very talented I have learnt how to take pictures more interestingly learning from the shot I have seen while editing. 

Editing, at the start of year 12 I didn't even know that there is an application called "Premiere" but now I can edit very easily using the short keys; "c" for blade, etc. For each editing work I think each one makes more sense. From the one minute film, "heist" I have not make much effort with the audio, therefore the emotion could not be felt that strongly. 

Creative Confidence, I feel like I just blurt out whatever comes to mind since when I was young, but due to this project, I gave it more of a thought and elaborate ideas with other team members to make it better. I think I have improved listening to my team members and we collaborate the ideas, listening to each other I think that is the most important key to our success in producing the film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment